Description / Features
PP-R Pro-Shields are 360o thermal hanger shields custom cut for Perfect ID match to metric PP-R OD’s. They are designed to meet a broad range of pipe support applications while providing a continuous section of insulation and factory applied jacketing meeting ASTM E 96A (maximum 0.02 perm) through a variety of pipe hangers. These units are appropriate across the entire PP-R temperature range. On all units the insulation and jacketing extend beyond the galvanized steel shield for neatly sealed joint with the adjoining insulation. Units are suitable for use in any type of clamp as well as in band-type hangers and on flat surfaces. PP-R Pro-Shields meet the MSS standard for a Type 40 shield per MSS SP-58, Paragraph 7.63 – 7.66. PP-R Pro-Shields meet ASTM Standards Flame Spread-5-, Smoked Developed -5-.
- For indoor use on clamping support systems, flat surfaces, clevis or other band-type hangers (see WeatherShield Upgrade submittal for outdoor use).
- Hanger spans per MSS SP-58 Table A3.
- Available for pipe 20mm through 450mm with insulation thicknesses 1”, 1-1/2” and 2”.
Materials / Construction
- Minimum 100 PSI Calcium silicate meeting ASTM C-533 Type 1, C-795, E-84, E-84, Thermal Conductivity (‘k’) .40 @ 75° mean.
- Adhesive complying with NFPA 90-A, ASTM E-84.
- G-90 Galvanized steel shield, small check per ASTM A-653 (replaces A-527). Rounded corners for safety.
- Factory applied jacketing meeting ASTM E 96A (maximum 0.02 perm), ASTM D-774, D-828 and E-84.
- All units and components are asbestos free and 100% made and assembled in the U.S.A.