Description / Features
Chill-Shields are 360o thermal hanger shields designed to meet pipe support applications on low temperature lines. They provide a continuous section of insulation and vapor barrier, and are designed for pipe systems operating between -250o F. and +225o F. The insulation and vapor barrier extend beyond the galvanized steel shield for a neat, vapor-tight joint with the adjoining insulation. Chill-Shields are suitable for use in clamp, clevis or other band-type hangers. High-compressive strength polyisocyanurate inserts and heavy gauge steel shields ensure proper pipe support. These cost-effective designs meet the requirements of either pipe or tube systems.
- For indoor use on clamping support systems, clevis or other band-type hangers.
- Chilled piping to domestic hot water.
- Hanger spans per MSS SP-69 Table 5 (not suitable for extended hanger spans).
- Standard design available for pipe 1/2 inch through 8 inches.
Materials / Construction
- 360o Polyisocyanurate 24 PSI or 40 PSI provides cost effective support for pipe and tube up to 8”.
- Larger pipe sizes will require higher compressive strength inserts. Please contact plant for recommendations.
- Meeting ASTM D-1621, D-1622, D-1623, C-203, C-518 and E-84, Flame -25-, Smoke -450-.
- 360o Non-reactive vapor barrier jacket meeting ASTM D-774, D-828 and E-84, Flame-5-, Smoke -5-.
- Adhesive complying with NFPA 90-A and ASTM E-84, Flame Spread -10-, Smoke Developed -0-.
- G-90 Galvanized steel shield, small check per ASTM A-653 (replaces A-527).
All units are asbestos free and 100% made and assembled in the U.S.A.