Pro-Shields are 360o thermal hanger shields designed to meet the broadest range of pipe support applications. They provide a continuous section of insulation with factory applied jacketing meeting ASTM E 96A (maximum 0.02 perm) through a wide variety of pipe hangers for pipe systems operating between +20o F. and +1200o F. The insulation and jacketing extend beyond the galvanized steel shield for a neatly sealed joint with the adjoining insulation. Pro-Shields are suitable for use in any type of clamp as well as in band-type hangers and on flat surfaces. To assure proper support in all situations, high density 450 PSI inserts are installed in units for 10” pipe with 1” insulation thickness and in all units for 12” pipe and larger. Pro-Shields meet the MSS standard for a Type 40 shield per MSS SP-58, Paragraph 9.2.2. Pro-Shields Meet ASTM E84 Standards Flame Spread-5-, smoke developed-5-
- For indoor use on clamping support systems, flat surfaces, clevis or other band-type hangers (see WeatherShield Upgrade submittal for outdoor use).
- Pipe sizes 16 inch and larger in clevis or two bolt hangers only.
- Chilled to steam piping and dual temperature lines.
- Hanger spans per MSS SP-69 Table 5.
- Available for pipe 1/2 inch through 24 inches, insulation thickness 1/2 inch through 4 inches.
- 100 PSI Calcium silicate meeting ASTM C-533 Type 1, C-585, C-795, E-84, Thermal Conductivity (‘k’) .40 @ 75° mean.
- Adhesive complying with NFPA 90-A, ASTM E-84
- G-90 Galvanized steel shield, small check per ASTM A-653 (replaces A-527).
- Factory applied jacketing meeting ASTM E 96A (maximum 0.02 perm), ASTM D-774, D-828 and E-84,
- Structural insert (12″ pipe and larger) minimum 450 PSI calcium silicate meeting ASTM C-656 Type II, Grade 5, C-795 and E-84
- All units and components are asbestos free and 100% made and assembled in the U.S.A.